Irvine, CA, February 15, 2019 – Linear MicroSystems, Inc, a leader in high-performance analog, RF and mixed-signal ASICs, today announced that it began shipping its Time of Flight ASIC chipset in production quantities.
- Separate transmitter and receiver functions, both ICs come in 24 pin, 3 mm x 3 mm QFN packages
- Transmitter includes:
- High-speed gate driver; operates with an external transistor.
- The transmitter utilizes a pre-heat function for faster pulse shapes
- Includes power monitor function
- SPI interface
- Receiver features:
- Very low noise, wideband TIA
- Fast response pulse detector with LVDS outputs.
- Both ASICs fabricated in a 180 nm SiGe process
- Transportation – LIDAR-based collision avoidance; autonomous driving
- Robotics – LIDAR-based object detection and avoidance
- Logistics – LIDAR-based parcel loading
- Security – LIDAR-based perimeter fencing and intrusion detection
- Retail – LIDAR-based queue management, customer behavioral tracking
- Consumer – LIDAR-based interactive displays in AI systems
About Linear MicroSystems
Linear Microsystems is a fabless semiconductor company that provides high-performance RF, Analog and Mixed-Signal ASICs for a wide range of applications. Linear Microsystems’ world-class engineering has allowed it to become a supplier of high quality, high volume ASIC solutions.
Vice President, Sales and Marketing
(949) 273-5473, x219